John Turner Consulting is always looking for qualified and motivated people to join our team. JTC highly encourages and financially supports the training, certification and growth of our staff. We promote obtaining certifications and proper training through many professional organizations including ICC, PCI, ACI, NETTCP, NICET, AWS, etc.
JTC has immediate job openings for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer and Resident Engineers.
PROJECT/SENIOR GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING
JTC has an immediate opening for a Project/Senior Geotechnical Engineer in our Worcester, MA office.
- Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree in geotechnical/civil engineering and have 5+ years of experience in geotechnical engineering design, investigation/evaluation, and earthwork construction.
- Candidates should also possess a MA PE license and/or ability to obtain within 6 months.
JTC has immediate openings for mid-level resident engineers in Vermont and New Hampshire.
Desired Qualifications: Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or construction management with 3-7 years of experience in resident engineering and/or earthwork construction.
- The position(s) will require frequent on-site work/day trips and periodic overnight/week-long trips within New England. Candidates should be conscientious, detail-orientated, and self-motivated and have a professional demeanor.
- Candidates must be able to work with earthwork contractors, read and interpret construction plans and specifications, and write reports.
- Candidates with Vermont and New Hampshire State DOT construction experience are preferred.
- AutoCAD experience would be a plus.
Successful candidates will possess an outstanding attention to detail, can read and understand construction plans, geotechnical reports, environmental reports, accurately document and report collected information, and possess the ability to communicate effectively with clients.
The individual will assist in performing field testing and inspection of soils. Must have strong work ethic, ability to work independently, be detail oriented and organized.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Civil engineering duties including data collection, analysis & fieldwork for commercial, industrial, retail, government, office and residential projects.
- Assisting Project Managers, Resident Engineers and/or Environmental Engineers where needed.
- Field inspection, sampling & testing of soils, concrete, masonry, reinforcing steel, etc.
- Assisting with report preparation
- Assisting with client consultation and maintenance
- Civil Engineering Major
Strong communication skills are a must.
Position entails approximately 70% fieldwork and 30% office.
We also have immediate openings in all office locations for:
- Highway Inspectors
- Entry Level Engineers
- HMA Inspectors
- PCI Inspectors
We are also always looking for qualified staff for the following positions:
- Materials Testing Technicians – Field/Laboratory
- Project Managers
- Licensed Geotechnical Engineers
- Licensed Environmental Engineers
- Special Inspectors/Building Inspectors
- Resident Highway Engineers
- Resident Utility Engineers
Please send a resume to email@example.com.
JTC offers competitive wages and benefits, including health insurance, vacation, 401k, and vehicle allowance.