Judson Zachar, P.E. | email@example.com
JTC’s Geotechnical Division is led by a professional engineering staff licensed in all New England states and New York. This highly qualified group possesses the project experience to effectively address the challenging geotechnical issues of the northeast. Our multi-faceted geotechnical operations are organized according to specific areas of discipline and expertise, in order to efficiently respond to project needs.
JTC has an extensive range of project experience associated with new structures, from building additions to site-wide, master plan developments; municipal facilities including schools, hospitals, fire stations; transportation projects involving roadways and bridges; private multi-story projects such as hotels, apartment complexes, vast retail developments; environmental assessments; and underground utilities improvements.
Our geotechnical staff possess the experience, knowledge, and desire to provide efficient services associated with planning, design, and construction of projects. JTC works with engineers, architects, design teams, and others to determine the most appropriate scope for the subsurface investigation for each project, and will then:
- Geotechnical engineering evaluation and recommendations
- Coordinate drilling operations, including site and boring layout and depth(s)
- Provide DigSafe and utility clearances
- Collect and log field soil, rock, water, and other samples needed for analysis
- Obtain undisturbed samples
- Conduct appropriate laboratory testing
- Review data from previous explorations
- Review effects of proposed grade changes
- Review effects of proposed dewatering systems
- Provide other services necessary to gather relevant information
- Erosion control monitoring