John Turner Consulting, Inc. (JTC) is looking for Entry Level Materials Testing Technicians to join our engineering team to serve our Connecticut Department of Transportation commitment.
- Successful candidates will possess an outstanding attention to detail, can read and understand construction plans, accurately document and report collected information, and possess the ability to communicate effectively with clients.
- This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience.
- The individual will assist in performing field testing of soils and concrete.
- Must have strong work ethic, ability to work independently, be detail oriented and organized, and able to successfully pass written and practical certification exams once the training period is complete.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform soils and aggregate lab and field testing, sample retrieval, and precast concrete inspection and testing at the fabrication plant
- Perform internal and external inspections to determine if construction elements meet the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard or document
- Interpret regulations, codes and industry standards to apply to daily tests and inspections
- Compile and submit inspection reports, daily
- Perform other construction materials testing and inspection, when necessary
- Lifting required 60 to 80 lbs.
- Basic math, writing and communication skills required
The ideal candidate will have 0 to 2 years’ experience and:
- Ability to work safely and efficiently while being assigned multiple tasks
- Thrives in a workplace where Positive Attitude, Self-direction, Motivation, and Personal Accountability are recognized and rewarded
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, Including Word, Excel, and Power Point preferred
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, supervisors, clients, subcontractors and regulators
- Work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules, including nights and weekends when necessary
- Dependable transportation with a valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- Some construction-related experience will be advantageous
We will train the right candidate in the field of soils, concrete, and asphalt.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employee
Job Types: Full-time