John Turner Consulting, Inc. (JTC) is looking for Entry Level Field Technicians to join our engineering team with opportunities throughout New England.
- Successful candidates will possess an outstanding attention to detail, can read and understand construction plans, accurately document and report collected information, and possess the ability to communicate effectively with clients.
- This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience.
- The individual will assist in performing field testing of soils, concrete, and asphalt.
- Must have strong work ethic, ability to work independently, be detail oriented and organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform internal and external inspections to determine if construction elements meet the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard or document
- Interpret regulations, codes and industry standards to apply to daily tests and inspections
- Compile and submit inspection reports, daily
- Perform other construction materials testing and inspection, when necessary
- Lifting required 40 to 50 lbs.
- Basic math, writing and communication skills required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications, MS Excel and Word a must
- Access to a computer with internet access is preferred
- The ideal candidate will have 0 to 2 years’ experience and:
- Ability to work safely and efficiently while being assigned multiple tasks;
- Thrives in a workplace where Positive Attitude, Self-direction, Motivation, and Personal Accountability are recognized and rewarded;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, Including Word, Excel, and Power Point preferred;
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, supervisors, clients, subcontractors and regulators
- Work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules, including nights and weekends when necessary
- Dependable transportation with a valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- OSHA 10-hour HAZWOPER training is preferred
- Some construction-related experience will be advantageous
We will train the right candidate.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT PROVIDED
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employee
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship