John Turner Consulting, Inc. is looking for Laboratory Manager to join our team in our Sutton, MA location.
This position requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience performing and/or supervising laboratory testing of concrete, soil, asphalt, and other construction materials and mix designs according to ASTM procedures. Basic knowledge of masonry and asphalt laboratory testing procedures is required. Laboratory certification (NETTCP, ACI) or ability to achieve (two to three months) concrete and soil laboratory certification is necessary. Other responsibilities will include assisting with maintaining AMRL/CCRL/NVLAP accreditation, direct internal audits, prepare daily reports, document test results, assist project managers and engineers with assignments. Organizational skills, computer skills, clean driving record are required.
- Maintains laboratory productivity by monitoring workload; identifying peak and slack periods; making operational or staffing adjustments
- Maintains quality results by participating in internal audits; reviewing quality control and quality assurance programs; adjusting in policy and procedures; generating reports; maintaining records
- Work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Work independently with little supervision
- Produce timely and detailed lab reports, while meeting required deadlines for all paperwork submission
- Build rapport with current and future clients.
- Calibrate laboratory and field equipment
- Assist Branch Manager with supervision of Field Technicians
- Ensure state accreditation is maintained in the Laboratory
- Familiar with and able to comprehend applicable ASTM, CCRL, or NVLAP standards
- ACI Certification Lab Level I
- Ability to lead the annual laboratory accreditations
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (soil and concrete samples etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications, MS Excel and Word a must
- Superb customer service skills and solid communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
Please send resumes to John Turner firstname.lastname@example.org