John Turner Consulting, Inc. (JTC) is looking for Entry Level Materials Testing Technicians to join our engineering team to serve our clients from our South Burlington or Hartland, Vermont locations.
Successful candidates will possess outstanding attention to detail, can read and understand construction plans, accurately document and report collected information, and possess the ability to communicate effectively with clients.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. The individual will assist in performing field testing of soils and concrete. Must have a strong work ethic, ability to work independently, be detail-oriented and organized, and be able to successfully pass written and practical certification exams once the training period is complete.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform soils and aggregate lab and field testing, sample retrieval, and field testing of concrete
- Perform internal and external inspections to determine if construction elements meet the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard, or document
- Interpret regulations, codes, and industry standards to apply to daily tests and inspections
- Compile and submit inspection reports, daily
- Perform other construction materials testing and inspection, when necessary
- Lifting required 60 to 80 lbs.
- Basic math, writing, computer, and communication skills required
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
The ideal candidate will have 0 to 2 years’ experience, and:
- Ability to work safely and efficiently while being assigned multiple tasks.
- Thrives in a workplace where Positive Attitude, Self-direction, Motivation, and Personal Accountability are recognized and rewarded.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – An ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, supervisors, clients, subcontractors, and regulators.
- Work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules
- Dependable transportation with a valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Some construction-related experience will be advantageous but is not required
We will train the right candidate in the field of soils, concrete, and asphalt.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Please forward resumes to Chris Cote firstname.lastname@example.org.