John Turner Consulting is looking for Entry Level and Certified Materials Testing Technicians to join our engineering team with opportunities for both new and experienced individuals to advance in this career field.
WE ARE WILLING TO TRAIN INDIVIDUALS WITH NO OR LIMITED EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates will possess an outstanding attention to detail, can read and understand construction plans, accurately document and report collected information, and possess the ability to communicate effectively with clients.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. The individual will assist in performing field testing of soils, concrete, and asphalt. Must have strong work ethic, ability to work independently, be detail oriented and organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform internal and external inspections to determine if construction elements meet the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard or document.
- Interpret regulations, codes and industry standards to apply to daily tests and inspections
- Compile and submit inspection reports, daily
- Perform other construction materials testing and inspection, when necessary
- Lifting required 40 to 60 lbs
- Basic math, writing and communication skills required
- Basic experience in MS Office Suite applications, MS Excel and Word
- Access to a computer with internet access is preferred, company can provide a computer
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- Ability to work safely and efficiently while being assigned multiple tasks;
- Thrives in a workplace where Positive Attitude, Self-direction, Motivation, and Personal Accountability are recognized and rewarded;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of MS Office, Including Word, Excel, and Power Point preferred;
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, supervisors, clients, subcontractors and regulators.
- Work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules, including nights and weekends when necessary
- Dependable transportation with a valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- OSHA 10HR Construction Training is preferred but will otherwise be provided.
- Some construction-related experience will be advantageous but is not required
We will train the right candidate
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person
Please forward resumes to Kristianna Purington at firstname.lastname@example.org.