John Turner Consulting, Inc. (JTC) is looking for a Laboratory Manager to join our team with an opportunity in our Sutton, Massachusetts location.
The Laboratory Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the laboratory including activities such as scheduling and management of Laboratory Technicians and their activities; report review, editing, distribution; materials testing.
The Laboratory Manager will manage Laboratory Accreditations by ensuring that all equipment is being calibrated, verified and/or maintained properly in accordance with AASHTO R18 which will include duties of scheduling vendors for outside calibrations, performing JTC internal calibrations and verifications, performing JTC maintenance procedures and the overall QMS Management.
This position requires a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience performing and/or supervising laboratory testing of concrete, soil, asphalt, and other construction materials and mix designs according to ASTM procedures.
Laboratory certification (NETTCP, ACI) or the ability to achieve (two to three months) concrete and soil laboratory certification is necessary. Other responsibilities will include supporting field technicians with guidance and training, and communicating with clients regarding both field and lab testing. Organizational skills, computer skills, clean driving record are required.
- Familiar with and able to comprehend applicable ASTM, CCRL, or NVLAP standards.
- Relevant industry certifications from governing agencies such as NETTCP, ACI, and PCI. The ability to achieve required certifications that are not current is required in a reasonable timeframe.
- Ability to lead the annual laboratory accreditations.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (soil and concrete samples etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications, MS Excel and Word a must.
- Superb customer service skills and solid communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
– Full-time / in person
JTC OFFERS ADVANCEMENT POTENTIAL AND A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
– Dental insurance
– Health insurance
– Paid time off
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO:
– Kristianna Purington at email@example.com
JTC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer