John Turner Consulting, Inc. (JTC) is looking for Mid- to Senior-level Geotechnical Engineers to join our engineering team. JTC offers an excellent work-life balance environment. Work from home office is encouraged. Candidates can be based anywhere in New England. Particular interest in engineers based in Vermont and Central Maine areas.
The right person for this opportunity will be passionate, growth-minded, and carry a strong sense of urgency for delivering Exceptional Client Service. We are looking for individuals with the ability to collaborate with business development staff to identify, win, and lead our technical teams to successfully deliver projects. You will be a part of a diverse team that values a challenging and dynamic work environment. The position offers the opportunity for ongoing career progression with JTC’s Management Team.
We are looking for someone with the following talents, skills, and abilities:
- Actively manage a variety of projects from initial scope and proposal development through project execution and close out, with demonstrated skill in project scope development, budgeting, and scheduling
- Leading and managing project teams; mentoring staff
- Possess strong technical skills in multiple areas including soil/rock classification, slope stability analysis, earth retention-systems, shallow and deep foundation design, and earthquake engineering
- Interest in interacting with clients and developing lasting relationships is part of your experience and desired growth, and you have a proven track record in developing client relationships and maintaining an exceptional level of client satisfaction
- Proven success in achieving financial success on projects
The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of geotechnical engineering experience with a minimum of 5 years of related Project Management experience and:
- Ability to work safely and efficiently while being assigned multiple tasks
- Thrives in a workplace where Positive Attitude, Self-direction, Motivation, and Personal Accountability are recognized and rewarded
- Ability to work independently in a multi-disciplinary and distributed team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Power Point preferred
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, supervisors, clients, subcontractors and regulators
The ideal candidate will have:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering (geotechnical emphasis preferred)
- M.S. degree in Geotechnical Engineering / Engineering Geology
- PE licensure in one or more New England states
- Significant construction-related experience a requirement
- Periodic travel throughout New England; occasional weekend/night shifts may be required
- Excellent work-life balance environment – Work from home office encouraged
Please send resume to Steve Lanne, P.E. at email@example.com with the job position in the subject line.
JTC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer interesting in developing and promoting the careers of Women, Minorities, and Disabled Veterans.